Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday Tuesday

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the little bit of confusion with not getting a letter yesterday. We had specialized training and interviews with President Russell so now our P-Day is going to be today.

Training Elder Carter has been going really well. He's a very smart and capable missionary and I really enjoy teaching him all that I can.

This has been a pretty good week. We've been doing a lot of work with some of our recent converts and less active members. We have also had some really cool spiritual experiences.

Amanda, who just got baptized, received her patriarchal blessing on Sunday. She's so excited to continue progressing in the Gospel. It's the coolest thing ever.

We've also had several meetings with our recent convert Kathy, who hasn't had any word of wisdom problems for more than a week now! We are working on getting her all moved out from the apartment she's currently living in because it's kind of a cesspool for sinning...if you know what I mean.

We had a cool experience at the library the other day when we were training. We bum wifi from the library because we're a big ol' loiter squad. When we were sitting out on the library steps we were approached by this guy on a bicycle. He looked like a mix of homeless caveman and hippie philosopher; huge beard, long hair and a general "counterculture" demeanor. He sat next to us and we started to talk religion and the like - because we're missionaries, and that's what we do!  Right before the man showed up, Elder Carter and I were training about how to introduce the Book of Mormon with the pictures in the front, and that's what we were able to do with the guy on the bike. It was really cool to be able to put the training into practice, and to know that God is putting the people we need to teach into our lives.

This week we also had the great privilege and opportunity to go to the temple in Medford. It was exactly what I needed. I felt the spirit comfort me and give me guidance I needed as well as answers to questions I had. I really loved the spirit that was there and how detached I felt from the world. I love that we have a temple so close and that we can go to so often. It really refilled my inner vessel, so to speak, and gave me the boost I needed for the weeks ahead.






I'm SUUUUUUUPER pumped for Conference this weekend! One thing that I regret is not paying as much attention to Conference when I was home. This time is going to be especially amazing with all of the new developments in the Church. I mean, 3 new Apostles? That's crazy! It's going to be an awesome spiritual experience.

Oh, and I wore one of my red ties on Sunday to celebrate the fantastic Utes win! Those are the Utes I love to see!!

Love and miss you all and hope everything is going well.

Love,
Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment