Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Training Wheels

Hey There!

This has been a really, really busy week. So busy that I can't even begin to tell you how crazy it's been. As you remember last Monday I left Elder Redding and spent the week hanging out with Elder Zilles my MTC companion. It was really fun to be back together for awhile. We drove up to Eugene on Wednesday and got some training on how we can be better trainers. It hit me that the responsibility I've been given is huge. I feel very blessed to know that Heavenly Father trusts me to train a new missionary, even though I've only been out for six weeks.

On Thursday we met at the 18th Street building in Eugene to pick up our trainees. After a long awaited meeting, I was given my son, Elder Gary Carter - a bundle of fun from Clearfield. In the few days we've been together I can tell he's going to be an awesome missionary, he's already helped me so much.


Elder Carter picked the best day to get to the mission field because it was Amanda's baptism. Talk about good timing! Amanda has been one of my favorite investigators. She's always been super solid and really has that desire to do what's right and follow the Gospel. She's even talked about serving a mission when she's old enough. She was baptized and confirmed by one of my favorite people, Everet Nestripke, who will be leaving for the MTC on Wednesday to prepare to serve in Independence, Missouri. He's been an awesome person to take to lessons with us and we've really been able to help each other.


First Baptism

Back to Amanda... her baptism was really spiritual. She has had that desire, and to see that desire fulfilled was so cool. Her mom, who isn't a member, came and watched. I really hope that we might be able to start getting her into lessons and eventually get baptized.  Amanda asked us to share the Dare to Stand Alone Mormon Message from President Monson. It really put into perspective for me a bit of just how important it is to stand up for what we know to be right. Amanda has that mentality and really inspired me to do a self check, see if I'm doing the best I can when it comes to defending the church.

We've also done a lot of other really cool things this week.  With the whole Eugene thing, our week wasn't too busy lesson-wise, but fun-wise....it was chocked full! We had dinner with a family who owns a lot of property and their home basically sits on their own personal mountain.

Mountains of Eugene


Whilst on this mountain we found cows.  We entertained ourselves with the cows for far too long.


The AP's took us out to lunch on Friday which was AMAZING because we had Panda Express. I haven't had Panda since before I left. I almost started crying.



There was also some craziness this week too. We had investigators drop us, a recent convert is having problems with keeping the church standards, and one night a member came to our door in tears asking for us to pray with him. Quite an eventful few first days for Elder Carter, huh?  As crazy as it was I know that the next few days are going to be great and I'm super pumped!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Love,
Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment