Monday, September 21, 2015

Regular and Random

Hello!

This has been a relatively mild week missionary-work-wise, but a pretty busy one random-stuff-wise.

Elder Carter and I are doing pretty well I would say. He is a goofball and also a really great teacher. He is going to be an awesome missionary! We've been doing a lot of training during our down time, which has been good. We taught a few lessons and met with some people. Nothing out of the ordinary, just the regular fun stuff.

We finally got our bikes all set up and ready to go and I don't know if I'll be riding Lotoja anytime soon. MY THIGHS ARE ON FIRE! But the good kind of fire, like the spirt of God.

Some of the random craziness this week...we became the Word of Wisdom Police and took some cigarettes from one of our recent converts, we moved an entire furniture store by ourselves, and we made survival packages for homeless veterans.  It's been a great week for spontaneous things like that.

On Tuesday we had our very first Zone Conference. We went down to Grant's Pass and combined with the Zone there. We had great lessons about the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel, as well as growing testimonies both in ourselves and and our investigators. We also learned that we shouldn't kill squirrels and eat them when on the mission. It was all very insightful.

Roseburg Zone




We "share" a car with the Zone Leaders (and by share, I mean they drive it all the time and we get rides). The mission does car inspections every Zone Conference and our car was voted, and I quote, "the worst conditioned car in the fleet". What a great honor, right? You'll be happy to know that somehow we still have our car privileges.

Fleet Inspection

This week we were also able to watch the Priesthood restoration site dedication which was really an awesome experience. I'm getting really, really excited for General Conference. I've started a comprehensive list of all the missionaries I've come in contact with and their favorite talks. I've grown to love the conference talks and now I'm bummed that I didn't pay attention to Conference more when I was home.

Other than that not a lot has been going on. Things are finally starting to get colder here so I'm probably going to need a coat soon. One of the missionaries who has been here about a year says to make sure everything is waterproof waterproof WATERPROOF!

Love to you all,
Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment