Monday, October 12, 2015

POTUS

My Fellow Americans,

Hey howdy hey! Another week has since passed here in the good old city of Roseburg Oregon, and what a week it's been. Things have really started to look up.

In light of recent events at the Umpqua Community College the president decided to visit. Let me tell you, the people of Douglas County do NOT like President Obama. At all. You hear of Oregon and think that it's a very liberal state, which up north it is. But down here, people like their guns.

We actually were driving down then road when Marine 1 landed at the Roseburg Airport. We pulled over and got some pretty good footage. I was literally in the same town as the president, wait, scratch that, I was 200 yards from the president. It was pretty cool.

President in Roserburg

Now more things pertaining to actual missionary work. One of our investigators, David, is getting baptized on Saturday the 17th!!!! I'm so excited. He's been really showing his desire to learn and grow. He even quit one of his jobs so that he didn't have to work on Sunday. It's going to be a great service and an awesome way to finish out the transfer.

We also have been doing sooooooo muuuuuuuuch tracking and searching for people to teach. And you know what? It's working. It's been really awesome to see our faith fulfilled in our work.

Sunday we had a fireside from the Stake Presidency about the shootings. It was a really comforting place to be and I felt the love of the Savior and the Spirit very strongly.

On a less missionary note, this week I gave Elder Carter a haircut. I don't think I did too bad. I feel like a full and accomplished missionary now!!



Heck YES University of Utah Football!!!!  I can't tell you how good it feels to smugly rub the fact that we're undefeated in the Pac 12 into all the Duck fans faces. It's super rad.

This last transfer flew by. I'm not sure where it is that I'm going to be next. Honestly it could go either way - I could stay and finish training Elder Carter, but I could see myself leaving as well.  We'll have to wait and see.

Love and miss you all and can't wait to hear from your soon.

Love,
Elder Jensen



Double rainbow over Roseburg



No comments:

Post a Comment