Monday, August 24, 2015

Bible Bashers & Pizza Golem

Hi All!

This week was significantly more successful that last week. We were able to teach way more lessons and got in contact with lots of people. It's been a week of hard work and a week of blessings from Heavenly Father.

Our investigator Amanda that is getting baptized has been able to get us into her home and start teaching the lessons there. This is BIG news because not too long ago her mom didn't want anything to do with the church. Now after a few lessons she said she feels like this is the right path for her and she wants to convert over! It's been such a testimony builder for me to see the impact missionary work has in the lives of others. It's kinda like a spider web; with each person we teach they reach out to others around them and they in turn reach out to those around them. It's really awesome to see the Lord's work hastening and it's even more awesome to be part of it.

We were also able to get in contact with investigators that we thought were not interested or not keeping their commitments and have had great spiritual lessons with them. We might be having some baptisms here soon!

With so much good going on there was bound to be some bad and that's the Bible Bashing. I got my first experience this week with those that want to discredit us, saying we aren't Christian or that we preach false doctrine and are going to Hell. I'm not going to lie, it was hard to hear some of the things people said, especially when I know what we are doing is right and true.  Even during all of these exchanges (there were 3) I felt "they draw near unto me with their lips, but their hears are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof" Coming back from the bashings I felt even stronger that the church is true and that we are here preaching the truth. One talk that really helped me was President Uchtdorf's talk The Gift of Grace. I highly recommend it.

Now, don't worry, I'm having some laughs too. I don't think I've accurately described how the inhabitants of this area look. I'm attaching a picture of two locals and a guy we saw crouching down eating a pizza on a street corner - Pizza Golem.  Funny stuff. I really do love it and it can be very pretty.

All in all it's been a good week. Thanks for the prayers and support!

Elder Chase Jensen
Oregon Eugene Mission



Roseburg from above


Typical Rosburgians


Pizza Golem


Knocking doors

No comments:

Post a Comment