Thursday, August 18, 2016

Adventures in FLMTH Week 12: What to Expect When You're Expecting

Howdy Ladies and Germs,

Another week has come and gone here in the magical land of middle-to-northern Oregon. Elder Johnson and I have had a week, consisting of about 7 days, filled with just the most ACTION PACKED and EVENTFUL days of our entire lives! Just kidding, it was a whole lot of the same stuff. But still good nonetheless.

We had good lessons with a lot of people this week. We were able to teach the entire Restoration lesson to a member in the ward named Ramona. She really seemed enjoy having us over and liked the things we talked about. She also had a ton of different question about the organization of the church and stuff like that, so it was good to help her out.

We had quite a few lessons fall through this week, so there isn't a whole lot of action going on in that regard. Something that we were trying to focus on a lot was to teach the members actual discussions and lessons during dinner appointments. It was a fantastic opportunity to spread the gospel around in new ways and help bring the spirit into their homes.

Friday rolled around and transfer calls came up. President Russell decided to pull a fast one on us and actually transferred Elder Johnson to Coquille to be with my trainer, Elder Redding. I, on the other hand, am going to be staying in Philomath and training a new missionary again. Wahoo! I'm beyond excited and humbled at the opportunity to be able to help someone beginning their mission journey. It's going to be a fun few weeks. I'll be staying in Corvallis with Elder Thompson for a few days until we go to the trainer's meeting later this week. Then, come Thursday, I'll have my posterity continue!

That's about all the news from good ol Elder Jensen for this week. Thank you all so much for all the love and support you've given me. It means the world. Remember that Jesus loves you and I do too! 

Talk to y'all on da Flippity flop,

Elder Jensen

The best district ever - pardon my looking like a dork


A little piece of my heart left to Coquille today


Instead of obscene hand gestures like other less spiritual people use, Elder Johnson and I opt for the thumbs up whilst softly whispering "I hate you"

*note* I don't hate Elder Johnson, he was easily one of my absolute favorite companions in the entire world!


No comments:

Post a Comment