Friday, October 7, 2016

Springfield Episode One: Toto, I Don't Think We're In Philomath Anymore

Hey there!

Springfield is super nice. It's definitely bigger than Philomath (by probably about 10 times). Seeing how we're close to the big city, we've got our fair share of crazies, which is actually super fun (I kinda missed the crazies a little bit).

We live in the best apartment I've been in so far. It's a house. Three bedrooms, two couches, TWO PIANOS AND A DRUM SET WHAT UP! It's really awesome. There are great missionaries around us as well.

Our area is pretty nice, from what I've seen of it. We don't have a car, which sucks a bit, but also means we get to walk and talk to more people (and hopefully drop a few pounds). It's like a total 180 from Philomath. We've actually got TOO MANY people to talk to. About 3 months ago, there were some less than stellar missionaries in the 2nd Ward, a set of elders and a set of sisters, and they both got taken out. My new companion and his companion got double transferred in and took over both set's teaching records. Needless to say, it's a heckofalot of stuff to cover.

Speaking of, my companion is named Elder Wikan. He's from Hurricane and has been out for about 3 months, which means that I'm his first companion after he's been trained. With the aforementioned criteria in place, I can say that this poor kid doesn't really have any idea what's going on. I'm trying to do my best to help him out, but it's been a slow going here for a few days. We're sticking to our guns though and getting after it.

Despite all the ground we have to cover, we've had a pretty solid week! A lot of it was just the two of us figuring our where in the heck we were going, but we had some awesome experiences. We starting teaching a part-member family named the Hastings this week. The mom is a member who wants her son to have a chance to learn as much about different religions as he can before he makes a decision of what he wants. We really tried to invite the spirit to be there to influence the family. We'll have to see how that goes.

The Spirit during General Conference was amazing! There were so many talks that really helped put in to perspective the things that I need to work on and ways to help those around me. And it was so great to see our sweet prophet be able to share a few things with us. What a wonderful man. We watched with some of the members. They are all so fantastic. This ward is great from what I've seen and heard so far. We watched both morning sessions with a family named the Walker's. They put a bunch of sheets around their living room to pay homage to King Benjamin's address. Pretty cool. We also watched with a family named the Luke's and our Bishop. I was in a hammock, Justin would be so proud of me.

Things are gong really well over here. I'm excited to be in this new area with all the new challenges and opportunities that we'll face.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Elder Jensen
142 Pleasant Street
Springfield, Oregon 97477









No comments:

Post a Comment