Monday, January 11, 2016

This is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down...

HOLY COW. This week has been just absolutely off the wall with stuff to talk about. So, I'll start at the beginning.

On Monday night Elder Best, the other District Leaders, and the Zone Leaders went up north for Missionary Leadership Conference. I went on an extended exchange with Elder Wagstaff who was serving in Lakeview. We had a really great time together. We taught a woman named Heather and were really able to show her that by having her in this gospel, not only will she be blessed, but so will so many others. She really connected with that and committed to coming to church on the 17th! Elder Wagstaff also got the chance to meet Lesley and have a good lesson with him.

Elder Best got back later in the evening on Tuesday with everyone. Come to find out, Elder Hinton (Elder Thurgood's companion) was called to be an assistant to the President, so that means Elder Thurgood got to spend the entire rest of the week with us! So for those keeping track at home, that's 2 new missionaries I got to be with this week< Thursday was the next new companion adventure. While the DL's, STL's, and Elder Thurgood planned Zone Training meeting, I went out with Elder Greer who just so happens to be a Spanish speaking missionary! The next few hours consisted of us going around talking and teaching in the Spanish language. Now, I don't speak any form of Spanish whatsoever, but hearing Elder Greer testify of the restored gospel and of the Savior was such a special experience. I could really feel the spirit even though I couldn't make hide nor hair of what was being said. This gospel is truly universal and I love that so much.

Friday was the day of ZTM. Poor companion-less Elder Thurgood had no one to help him teach. It was actually kind of funny. It was a wonderful meeting where we talked in depth about the converting power of the spirit and how we must truly feast on the Book of Mormon to testify of its truthfulness. Also, President Russell made a surprise visit to the meeting which is always fun! He truly brings the spirit with him when he's around us. After ZTM, we had a great lesson with a girl named Leah. Leah has lupus and had actually gotten home from the doctor just a few minutes before we went over to teach her. At her appointment, the doctors told her that she may not have the opportunity to live to see her 30th birthday. This poor woman is only 26 and has two awesome kids. The spirit strongly impressed us to change our lesson plan completely and teach her about the Plan of Salvation and why we go through trials. She really seemed to connect with what we said, and was very grateful for the message.

Then...we road tripped. Elder Thurgood covers the Keno branch which extends all the way down to the city of Dorris, California, so we went on an adventure. And what an adventure it was! The people down there were not super friendly, but now we can say that we tracted in two states on the mission. Also, Elder Best got to pump his own gas which he enjoyed very much.

Friday night was the night that things got crazy. This weekend was transfer calls, and at ZTM President Russell said that only one companionship in the zone would be staying together through transfers, so we all started to make predictions. I thought for SURE that Elder Best was going to be leaving, but I had this feeling that something else was going to happen. When President called us with our information, he asked me if I would leave Klamath Falls and go to Grants Pass to be a Zone Leader. I was shocked! I haven't even been a District Leader yet, but I was being called to help lead a zone. I was very humbled that the Lord has enough faith in me to leave my area, start over again, and take on this responsibility. I'm excited to go to Grants Pass for this next adventure.

The rest of the week was spent packing up and saying goodbye to members and investigators. Even though my stay in Klamath was short, I'm very grateful for the chance I had to spread the gospel there! On to GP!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment