Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Medford 23: Independence Day, Interviews and Investigators

Our week was really good! It was a to slower than the last week but still a good one nonetheless.

On Tuesday, we spent the celebration of our county's independence by pruning pears, eating hotdogs, and meeting President and Sister Orton! They're such great people, and I'm excited to see how the mission is influenced under them.

President Orton is a lot more soft spoken and mellow than President Russell, which was really weird at first. They shared some wonderful thoughts with us and we had the opportunity to learn more about them. They even took time to interview us each briefly so they could see us and talk with us. It was really sweet. I wish I could have more time with them, but I know they'll do great and the mission will too!

The rest of the week was spent going around and contacting as many people as we could from the finding adventure last week. It was actually rather difficult, but still a good experience.

We had a lesson with this young man named Tommy which was really great. He's the nephew of a member of the ward who's looking into the church. He's going to be a bit of a process, but I think the spirit will work on him!

Some bad news, Pheona and her family kinda just disappeared for a week or two, so we haven't seen her in a while. That means that she won't be getting baptized before I leave, which is a bummer. But it's all the Lord's timing and not mine!

We also got in contact with this family of former investigators who have a lot of potential. We tried to teach in the midst of crazy kiddos and dogs that just NEEDED to play fetch. We eventually were able to get to a great spiritual discussion!

And we went back down to California again for another baptismal interview. It's such a pretty place and the drive was super fun as always. I got to hang out with the Yreka Elders for a while which was also super nice!

Today we spent the day in Ashland. We played frisbee, volleyball, ping pong, basketball, bummed around the city, and had some really big pizza! It was super fun and a great way to finish off p-days.

There've been so many emotions this week, I tell you what. It's so crazy to think that two years have come and gone so fast. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. The people I've met, the things I've learned, the testimony I've strengthened, the trials I've faced, the fun I've had, I've loved it all so much. I'm going to miss it, but, like I said, it's all in the Lord's time and I'm needed elsewhere now!

The church is so true, darn it. So true.

See you next week!

Elder Jensen



Medford Zone ft. President and Sister Orton

NoCal



I may need some new socks



No comments:

Post a Comment